Monday, February 4, 2008

Our Dallas trip went really well. We had lots of time with Gram and PaPa where much food was eaten and games were played. We were also able to spend time with Mike's friends in Dallas. The flights both were on time and no luggage was lost, which is always a success. We never used to check our luggage, but now with the new no liquids requirement, it's almost impossible not to check your luggage.

After we got back, I had a whirlwind of about 36 hours. I had to finish some homework after we got home Monday night and then had class at 8 the next morning in Champaign. I also had the career fair at school on Tuesday, so I had to take my suit with me so I could attend that. Then, I had a special late lecture for my finance class in the evening and was unable to drive home to Champaign because the roads were super icy by that point. Thank goodness Beth and Daniel live in the Champaign area!!

Thursday night and Friday morning brought us almost a foot of snow. As of now, the grass is starting to peek through again in some areas and it is super foggy outside. Mike and I took advantage of the snow on Saturday and went sledding at a nearby golf course before heading over to Champaign for an Illini basketball game. Yesterday afternoon/evening brought the Superbowl game which we watched with our small group.

As for today, one of my college friends asked me to be a bridesmaid at her wedding in July. I'm super excited. I kind of did the whole thing backwards since this is my first time being a bridesmaid. It's kind of ironic because Jenna and I met freshman year of college and we are both accounting majors. It gets more ironic because her fiance is a civil engineer, and then even more ironic because he grew up next door to Mike. He and Mike and Dan used to play together all the time when they were little. So I'm really happy for them and am excited to be there for her on their special day.

I had better go think about pulling leftovers out since Mike has a board meeting in Heyworth tonight and won't be home for too overly long before he has to leave again.

No comments: