Monday, August 27, 2007

jumping on the bandwagon :)

Well, we've given in and decided to start a blog. I won't make any promises about the frequency of updates or how entertaining they will be, but we wanted to keep friends and family up to date with our lives. Actually, we're pretty boring, so don't expect too much. :)

I start my first full week of class this week. I was fortunate enough to arrange my schedule so I only have to drive 2 days a week. Granted, my schedule it pretty lousy. I won't be getting home until really late on Tuesday along with no time for dinner during a 5 hour block of classes. But I figure I make up the time by not having to drive 4 days a week. I've only got 3 classes this semester: a financial reporting accounting class, small business consulting, and employee benefit plans. I'm really looking forward to the last two. I think they are going to be pretty useful. The career fair is coming up at school in a couple of weeks, although I'm not sure how much help it will be. Most of the companies that are coming are from the Chicago area. But we'll see. Ideally, I would like to have a job lined up for after I take the CPA by the time Thanksgiving break rolls around.

My internship went really well this summer. The women I worked for both said to let them know if I needed a reference. I had a couple of weeks off in between the internship and school starting. I decided to attempt to read all 7 of the Harry Potter books before school started. I got through all 7 in two weeks. I was definitely starting to go cross-eyed by the end. But now they aren't competing with the reading assignments I have for school. I was also able to get some scrapbooking done.

Speaking of scrapbooking, I don't have too many pictures of the wedding. The ones the photographer took are just too expensive to cut up and glue to paper. :) So, if you took pictures, please email them to me. My inbox is huge, so don't worry about filling it up with a bunch of pictures.

I think that is all from me.

Kristina

No comments: