Friday, October 19, 2007

an update

Things have been happening, but I never feel like they are worthy of blogging, so I've just waited until we have more interesting things going on.

I've now made it through my first round of midterms. I know, by definition there is only one point during a semester when it is actually the midterm. But my profs don't usually play by those rules. :) Although, I guess in all fairness, the class I have more than one midterm in, I don't have a final exam. So I guess I come out even in the end.

I'm also done with the first round of interviewing. I've interviewed once each with Country Companies and State Farm. Given my conversation with Country, I don't anticipate hearing from them until the spring. They don't want to commit to hiring full time people to start in the summer at this point. State Farm will notify me in a couple of weeks whether or not they want to interview me again. This interview would take place in Bloomington and would likely encompass an office visit as well. This is pretty typical for how recruiting at U of I goes. So, potentially, I could have a job lined up for after I take the CPA by Thanksgiving. But we'll see. I'm not panicking either way.

Mike and I have been enjoying going to Illinois football games, although I'm very glad that it will be cooler tomorrow. Two weeks ago, it was over 90 and it was sold out, so very close quarters. Tomorrow should be a beautiful 73 and sunny. It's also a night game, which will make it even better. Much more the football weather you expect come mid-October. Basketball season will be starting here pretty quickly and we are looking forward to that, even though the team will probably experience quite a few 'growing pains' this year. But we are not fair-weather fans. So we'll be there with our orange on, cheering to our hearts content. :)

It amazes me every year how the calendar for November and December fills up so quickly. We already have so many things going on. We start November off with Mike's birthday and our yearly trip to Arkansas. Then it just gets busier from there. But it will all be fun. I love the holidays and am especially looking forward to this year as we make our own traditions in our new family.

That's about it for now.

No comments: