Despite the persistent wintry, rainy chill outside that still refuses to surrender to spring, the sun is shining on my heart as I write this, owing to just a few minutes separating me from a nice three-day-weekend.
We go to Colfax this evening for Kristina's cousin's 8th grade graduation, then to Springfield tomorrow to celebrate Daniel G's birthday with much ado. There will be a very pregnant woman in our midst, which has recently prompted me to consider, "I'm going to be an uncle. What the heck does an uncle do?" The best I could come up was dictated by my own experience with uncles: An uncle should grow a mustache, tell bad jokes (I think I have that one covered), and carry myself with a general air of what can only be called "weirdness" (again, check that off the list!). The only trait I lack going into this esteemed affair is a mustache! Won't Kristina be tickled?
Otherwise, all is as it should be. My lovely wife keeps me well fed and out of trouble. My job is going well - I was able to get re-appointed as Village Engineer for the town of Heyworth (read: Mayberry).
I'm also the proud husband of a recent University of Illinois Masters of Accountancy graduate. That puts a fourth plaque on our Wall of Fame and more plaque on our teeth from graduation cake and sweets. We celebrated with both of Kristina's parents and sister, my folks, and B&D at a fancy restaurant in Bloomington. I had a slab of ribs that looked like it could have come from a brontosaurus. Yummmm.
Well, AFN.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment