Well, it's definitely time for a substantial update from this set of Sewells.
I am down to 1 take home final and 1 open book final, both of which will be complete by Tuesday afternoon!! Then I am officially DONE with my college education. Woo-hoo!! It was kind of weird walking out of my final lecture last week. But I'm very glad to be done. While I only drove to Champaign twice a week, I'm glad to be done with it, especially in light of the way gas prices are going! I'm going to walk for the College of Business Convocation ceremony on Saturday and skip the campus wide ceremony on Sunday. Then we're coming back to Bloomington for dinner at a nice downtown restaurant and cake and ice cream back at the house.
On May 19th I'll be headed off into CPA review land. I'm signed up to take a 6 week review course here in Bloomington through Illinois State University. It's a pretty brutal course. It meets 2-6 M-F plus I'll have a ton of homework to complete. The great thing about it is that they company that makes the materials has a really good pass rate if you complete all of the homework and go to all the classes, etc. Also, if I do everything I'm supposed to do and still don't pass a particular section the first time, they either let you enroll in that section of the course again for a really reduced price, or maybe even free. I'm not sure yet. I guess I'll worry about that after I don't pass something :)
A couple of weeks ago Marnie and I hosted the baby shower for Beth here in Bloomington. It went really went, but unfortunately, I was so focused on hosting duties, that I didn't take any pictures, so I have nothing to post here. Sorry. :) It went well and I think everyone had fun. We had a smaller group of people, so I decided last minute (well, 2 days before, but that is last minute for me) that we would paint onesies with fabric paint for her to wear when she gets here. They all turned out really cute.
Mike had a trip at the beginning of April that took him to another office to be trained on the latest and greatest Civil Engineering design software. Apparently everything is moving towards 3D stuff, so that is what the software implemented. They don't have it here in the Bloomington office yet, but when they do, he'll be ready.
In some disappointing news, Mike wasn't able to take his PE exam in April. He had jumped through a million hoops and talked to several different people about what he had to do to be able to take it in April, and then low and behold, the guy above all of those people said no. So now he has to wait until October to take it. He was disappointed after studying for so long. So he's taken a little break from that, but I think plans to get started again when I start hitting my CPA review hard and heavy.
No news on the job front for me. Just the status quo. In more positive news, we are pretty darn close to making some solid plans for a trip this fall. Where, you might ask? Well, Disney World, of course! :) Mike has never been to Disney World, much less Florida (which I'm totally appalled by. But then he's been lots of other places that I haven't, so I guess we're even) So we're going to go while we don't have a bunch of commitments tying us down. We're way excited about it!! It will be our first vacation that we plan together, as the honeymoon was a surprise for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment