Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mid-June

What?!? It's already the 17th of June?

Well, I'm not too sure where the time has gone, but I do know that it isn't going to let up anytime soon. Thankfully, I only have 6 days of review class left. We started our last section, Regulation, yesterday and will finish up next Wednesday (we don't have class on Friday!) Even though the class will be over, the fun isn't over. I have many many hours of studying ahead of me as my exams are coming up very shortly. I scheduled them last week. I will take Regulation on July 16th, Financial accounting and reporting on August 6th, Auditing on August 27th and Business Environment and concepts on October 18th (the exam isn't offered in September). As soon as I am done with this post, it's into the other room to start cranking out the flashcards.

This weekend officially starts the wedding season for us. I have something wedding related to attend for the next 4 weekends!! I have a bridal shower for my friend Jenna in Springfield, for whom I am also a bridesmaid for her July wedding. The following weekend brings Emily Gradle's wedding in Mattoon. Emily and I went to Jr. High and High school together and were in band together. She and her fiance are moving to Bloomington after they get married! The next weekends bring a bachelorette party for Jenna and Bethany Stewart's wedding (Jenna's future sister-in-law). Much fun to be had, but it's sure going to make the summer go very quickly!!

Somewhere in the midst of all of the busyness in the next week or so, our niece will be born. She's officially due tomorrow, but the doctor is only going to give her an additional week before they induce Beth. Maybe she'll be born on Thursday the 19th (my half birthday!) Mike wants to be called to matter the time they go to the hospital, so I'm just waiting for the night that my cell phone rings with loud trumpets at 3 A.M. and I shoot out of bed like my hair is on fire.

Last week Mike's grandparents from Dallas were in Illinois and Kirk and Claudia brought them up to see the house. There just wasn't enough time when they were here for the wedding last year to make a trip to Bloomington. But the house looks more complete now anyway, so it all worked out. It was great to see them and spend time with them this weekend.

In some non-busy news, we planned a vacation for mid-September. We're going to Disney World!! We're both really excited, although I think Mike might be more excited since he's never been. He's already been online looking at all the cool things to do and found out about some surfing lessons you can take at one of the water parks (they have a huge wave pool) before the park opens. I want to get us signed up really quickly for stuff like that, or all the spots will be gone!!

Guess I had better go work on my flashcards.....

Kristina

No comments: