
During the course of conversation with a gentleman out at a construction site today, I was asked what my wife and I did. I told him that I was an engineer and my wife was studying to be an accountant. He raised his eyebrows and said, "I'll bet you guys are REAL exciting!"
Perhaps, but that's the way we like it. "Dorky" (the assumed implication) in my book means predictable and consistent - just the way we like it. So what if our DVDs are in alphabetical order? I'll bet we can find 'em faster with our setup than you with yours!
And so we engage in married life - still new and fresh, but with a healthy dose of predicability and consistency. Routines are a good thing, no? I'm very happy with Kristina and she with me. And I spice things up with something unpredictable every so often.
So when people ask how married life is going, I don't have any great stories or adventures to recount; I just try to convey the satisfaction that comes with living with a wonderful woman who loves me and honors me predictably and consistently!
All for now,
the Enginerd
No comments:
Post a Comment