Sunday, September 9, 2007

fall is coming

It's starting to set in that fall is definitely on its way. Classes are starting to kick into high gear with assignments and group projects and the first round of exams in just a few short weeks. But I'm not going to think about those yet. The days are getting decidedly shorter. It was almost dark at 7:30 tonight!!! I love the change of seasons, but I'm not looking forward to it being dark before Mike gets off work!

Another sign that fall is coming (or arrived) is that the football season has begun. I always teased Mike that I wasn't ever going to be a golf widow (if you don't believe me, just ask the guy who almost met his maker while Mike was on the course. :), but instead a football widow. The U of I had a great deal on football season tickets for this year due to construction so we, along with Beth and Daniel, got season tickets. The first game was yesterday evening. It was fun, but I'm hoping next time we won't be rained on.

In other news, that doesn't really have a whole lot to do with us, the third baby in our small group was born on Wednesday of this past week. We joined this small group through our church about a year ago and since then there have been 3 babies and 3 weddings!! It's been a very busy year for all of us. We haven't gotten a chance to see him yet, but I'm going to try and stop by sometime this week and meet little Evan.

If we haven't heard from you in awhile, shoot us an email or give us a call. We'd love to catch up!

No comments: