Well, the U of I fall business fair was yesterday and today. I spoke with Country Insurance yesterday and State Farm Insurance today. Both of those companies are headquartered in Bloomington and are the biggest employers in town. When I spoke with Country, they said they are mainly looking for students who are graduating in December. The recruiter said they would be back in the spring for May graduates, but that right now they didn't know what positions would be available then. She was very positive and said to keep checking the website as well as the Bloomington newspaper for openings. She said they are constantly hiring accountants but that the positions usually need to be filled pretty quickly. So no immediate results on that front, but definitely still positive outlook.
State Farm attended the fair today and that conversation was alot more productive. They are actively looking at May graduates. Also, as I was waiting in line to speak to a recruiter, I noticed the name tag of one of them. I recognized it as the contact a girl in our small group had given me last year when I was looking for an internship. So, I made sure to talk to him and I asked he was the same person. He was, so that helped start the conversation off a little bit. We talked for quite a little while. Basically a mini-interview on the spot. He seemed pleased with my responses, education, and GPA. So we'll see if that pans out. I've got a couple of other smaller places in Bloomington to look into.
So that's the word there. I won't find out for a couple of weeks whether or not a get an interview. On campus interviews are scheduled for the first part of October for both companies. I'll keep everyone posted on the status!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment