Well, I think I've finally found the secret to a clean house.
Consistently have visitors, and the house will be cleaned out of necessity.
I discovered this as I was appreciating the fact that the house has been in pretty good order the last couple of weeks. And then I realized that we've had visitors every week for the last couple of weeks. Coincidence? I think not. This light bulb moment works out nicely since Mike and I have been wanting to do things with more people more often. We'll kill two birds with one stone: Having a better social life AND a clean house. It doesn't get much better than that.
My spring break has been excellent, minus the fact that I still haven't begun my homework yet. I need to do it today so that I have the weekend free when Mike is home. However, I have accomplished some other goals on my list. I finished the baby shower invites yesterday as well as got them all addressed. I even discovered that I had the perfect size of envelopes in one of my scrapbooking boxes, so I didn't have to special order them. When I made the original template invite, I wasn't really thinking about the size and made them a weird size for which envelopes aren't as easily available. You never know what you'll find when you go through your stuff!!
I also have been reading quite a bit, and I even made a point to start a series that I hadn't read before that was on my shelf. I've read 3 this week already, and have 1 left that I own. The last two in the series I'll have to try and find at the library or maybe a booksale some day. The series I've been reading is the Glenbrooke series by Robin Jones Gunn. It certainly isn't a series that knocks your socks off with how great it is, but it is certainly enjoyable and are just nice, easy reads. Some people I know don't like to read unless it's a just a stupendous book. I am not this discerning. Most of the time I just want something mindless, fun, and uplifting when I read. Also, I think it matters more to some people what they read because they don't read very often or maybe very quickly, so it's a major investment to them to start a book. As I said, I'm on to book 4 for the week, so no major commitment to a book here. :)
I'm going to make a pot-pie for dinner tonight. I've never made one, but I found a recipe for it in my Simple and Delicious magazine. It actually makes two and the 2nd one you are supposed to freeze. I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that, because first, I only have one pie plate (somehow pie plates escaped the wedding registry), second, given Mike's appetite, we could probably eat both over the next couple of days for lunches and what not, and third, my freezer is tiny, and due to the location of the pantry door, the freezer door doesn't open up all the way. This means I can't really fit larger items into the freezer. One of those live and learn things that you don't learn until after you've purchased the fridge. Guess I won't make that mistake the next time we are looking for a house. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The pot pie was delicious!
Post a Comment