Monday, March 3, 2008

Look who's back???

It's me. Your rarity blog poster. I got a bit of a scolding for being so infrequent with my updates, so I hereby pledge to do better...

Actually, you should cut me a little slack. I just got my (our??) home theatre all put together down in the basement and who could blame me for wanting to devote every spare minute of free time basking in the scintillating glow of 110" diagonal splendor? That's what I thought.

Things are going good in other areas too. My job is going well. I have a beautiful cook who treats me well. And we just had our first 50+ degree day yesterday. Aside from a car that's rapidly approaching the unenviable "I've-put-too-much-money-into-this-stupid-car-to-sell-it-at-this-point" standard, all is well.

We even have some new friends on the horizon. An attorney I work with down in Heyworth and his wife are going to join us at our place some upcoming weekend. And we even have a tentative double-date scheduled with a random couple we bought our new couch from! Who'd a thunk?

Well, AFN. LTA. And DBAT!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So I gotta know- was Top Gun the first movie played on THE system of systems? It better have been that or B2TF. Well, I'll remember your advice- "lonely? buy a couch"
By the way, that's really awesome that you survived the day of marketing at your work.

Kristina said...

I think Mike popped in various movies first to try it out, and just skipped to favorite scenes he wanted to see. The first movie we watched all the way through was Star Wars, Episode I. Needless to say, we've been watching a ton of movies and he hasn't been studying nearly as much as he should for his P.E. exam. Bad timing on getting the projector....