We had a pretty fun weekend, by our estimation, at least. Friday night we went out to dinner with some friends from small group and got to spend a couple of hours just talking and having fun. Saturday brought Mom's birthday. I'll protect the innocent and refrain from publicizing her new age. :) She came up to Bloomington and stayed with us Saturday night. We went out for lunch on Saturday to a new restaurant that we had wanted to try, but didn't think we would ever be able to. And no, it wasn't the price that was keeping us away!! Due to my nut allergy, I literally haven't set foot in a Chinese, or any sort of Asian restaurant, in almost 20 years. Since my reaction is so severe, Mike hasn't set foot in one either in a very long time. The name of the restaurant is Flat Top grill, and it is a stir fry place, where you combine your own ingredients and make up your own sauce, and they fry it up for you on a big grill and then bring it to you. While this would normally be a big no-no for me, we had heard from people in our small group that they were really good about handling people with allergies. Basically, you put a little white stick in your food to signify that you want it stir-fried separately!! Besides that, the only nut they had in anything was a peanut, which I'm not allergic to. Needless to say, Mike and I are both pretty excited. It's a neat restaurant, good food that we couldn't get anywhere else, and a really good price. I have a feeling it will become Mike's new favorite restaurant.
We also stopped by Hobby Lobby after lunch to pick out curtain fabric for the basement windows. I'd already recruited Mom to make them for me, so it was good to have her along to determine how much fabric I needed. I think the basement is going to look pretty good after we get the curtains up and the remaining wall painted.
To continue breaking in the new projector, Mom, Lindsey and I stopped by the video store and rented 'Martian Child' to watch after dinner. It was such a good movie!! I highly recommend it. I hadn't seen a movie that was that heartwarming and well-done in a long time. It is based off of a book, which I believe is the same title, which is based off of a real life event. Obviously, the movie version of real-life books always take some creative license, but it was all believable and just a great feel good movie.
Mike and I have 2 more Illini basketball games to go to this week, then the season is over. Well, there is the Big Ten tournament next week and then the NCAA March Madness, but we probably won't go far in the conference tournament and definitely won't be getting into the NCAA tournament, so the season is essentially over. There is hope coming in the next couple of years, and we're faithful to the Illini in both good and bad. But we're still ready to put this season to rest. It's been exhausting to watch.
We had a hint, and I do mean a hint, of spring yesterday. It was in the 60s and sunny for the majority of the day. I was able to open some windows and let in some fresh air. But today the temp is supposed to plummet back into the 20s after only reaching a high of the low 40s and we should expect to have 1-2 inches of snow back on the ground by tomorrow evening. yay..... (please note the sarcasm) :)
That's all from here. We would love to hear from everyone sometime!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment