Well, I'm officially on spring break. YAY! Although, one of my profs decided to not give us the details for our project that is due right after break is over until yesterday. So, I'll still have to do some homework over break. But all in all, it won't be too bad. I think after break is over, I only have 5 weeks of class left!
In terms of job stuff, I'm still waiting, although I have heard from both State Farm and Country in the last week and a half. SF called last week. They said they didn't have an opening at the moment, but wanted to know if they could pass my resume on to another department as well. I told them that was fine, but that I still wanted to be considered for the department I interviewed for as well. All in all, I took the conversation to mean that I was at least in the running and that my resume wasn't in the recycle bin somewhere. As for Country, I got an email early this week from the HR lady I have dealt with the whole time, and she said that they didn't have a specific timeline for when they would be doing 2nd interviews or making offers, but that if I hadn't heard from anyone in 3 weeks, to email her back and get an update on their process. Again, not on my time frame, but at least it sounds like they like me and my resume at least a little.
It's absolutely beautiful outside at the moment. The sun is shining, the sky is blue with big white puffy clouds, and it's a fantastic 55 degrees. I have the windows open!! The trees that we planted all have buds on them, so we are hopeful that they all survived the winter and will flourish this spring and summer. The bummer part is that it's only going to be in the 40s all of next week, but even that is an improvement over 2 weeks ago when we had our last 3 inch snow fall.
Some plans over my break include: finishing up Beth's baby shower invites, homework, dinner with a friend from springfield, and reading!!! I haven't decided what yet. I just finished reading all of the Mitford books by Jan Karon. This is a series that I wasn't sure I'd ever like, but I gave it a shot and really ended up liking them alot. One of these days I'm going to try out the orange marmalade cake that is in the book. I have a ton of books on my shelves that I've picked up at library book sales that I still haven't read. I should probably work on some of those. I just have too many authors that I like to read now. In early high school, I probably had only about 3-4 authors that I read all of their books and purchased them as soon as they came out. Then I started working in a Christian bookstore. Let's just say that experience was pretty detrimental to my paycheck. :)
Well, I had better go get dinner in the crock pot. In the middle of writing this post, friends just called wanting to know if we wanted to hang out tonight. There is an Illinois bball game on at 5:30, so they'll come in time for that and then we'll probably play card and board games after that. How fortuitous that we cleaned the house up last night!! No running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to make it presentable!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment