Well, it's back to the grindstone. The last 5 weeks of the semester have begun, and boy are they going to be busy!! I had put all of the upcoming assignments from my mind for the last week and a half and now I had better hit the ground running if I'm not going to go crazy the next month. But it will all work out as about 7 weeks from now, I'll be done and walking across the stage at graduation.
My friend Deborah is coming tomorrow to spend the day and night with us. She is in school out near Washington, D.C. I think my program is hard. It is nothing compared to hers. But she's into science and I avoid science like the plague, so more power to her.
Mike was also able to lock us into a lower interest rate this morning for the house (yay!) to be refinanced, so we are meeting with the mortgage people tomorrow. Yes, we are taking advantage of all the nasty stuff that has been going on in the economy lately.
We are headed to Chicago Thursday night for a little getaway. We haven't been anywhere since the wedding except for family related trips. So we are really excited. I found a great deal on a 4 star hotel on Michigan Avenue, right by all the museums and other things we are going to go to while we are there. I'm super excited about it.
I think that is about it from our neck of the woods right now. Hopefully I'll have (positive) job related news in the next couple of weeks....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you two are getting away. It IS very hard to do that without including family stuff, especially when your family is all over the country! It is so important, though, and helps marriage be much nicer. :) Have tons of fun together!
Post a Comment